Monday, February 1, 2010

A Simple Personal Post...

My sister took this picture of me during the Holidays...don't you just love candids? I received it today via an email and couldn't believe it was within her shots. You see...my sister takes a ton of pictures but not professionally (most of us don't). But it shows the importance of capturing moments as they happen...sometimes the opportunity is gone before we know it. And you don't have to be a professional to capture an image that either you or someone else will always treasure.

This was one of several images that she sent...the most special ones were pictures of my Mom and I. As many of you know...my Mom is 87 years old and every year I thank God for another Holiday with her. Sometimes I walk around with my camera, completely annoying my family with my constant shooting. But I'm convinced that someday they will appreciate my desire to capture their lifes in print. So...professional or not...keep taking those candid shots. Your heart will tell your eyes what's important...and regardless of the quality of your shots, you'll be glad you have them later. I sincerely believe that there is a photographer in all of us...wanting to keep our memories alive forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment