Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wardrobe Wednesday | Image Peddler Photography


This is SOOO me! This is what I want the inside of my closet to look like. If I had an unlimited budget to spend on clothes that represented my true personality...this is me. I will go to my grave saying that I should have grown up in the 60's (now...many of you are doing the math and realizing that I DID grow up in the 60's...however I was little tike so your comments won't be relevant). But I honestly am a hippee at heart and would have thrived in the 60's.

I am one of millions of people who hate their senior pics. Mine were formal and simply not me (I am NOT a formal person and have always had a hard time not keepin it real). Today's style (or lack thereof) allows everyone to simply be themselves. There truly isn't a fashion statement taking place right now other than to create your own statement. And creating my own statement is something that I can support...

So regardless of whether it's a senior shoot, a lovey dovey shoot, wedding, or infant...just keep it real. Wear something that represents you and your personality. I often find myself challenged between a senior and a parent. My response...that both can have what they want in the end. I have an unlimited number of outfit changes for almost every session. And I promise you that I'll accommodate your requests. You need to be you...simply you...for me to capture your personality. No pretenses...no false images of something you're not. So if your style is like mine (bohemian, 60's, a little grunge...and always including my All Stars or barefoot) go for it. If you want to wear formal wear...have at it. And if you want to change outfits 50 times...I am a really patient person. JUST BE YOU... If you could see me now...this would be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment